Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Women Winning Wednesday

"Rest when you're weary.  Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit.  Then get back to work." - Ralph Marston



Happy Women Winning Wednesday!!  As I mentioned before I'm celebrating mothers all month long!  All of the Women Winning posts this month has been put together with mothers in mind.  We started out with Resiliency which is important for all of us to cultivate.  Then we talked about Reconciliation because life is too short to not forgive!  We only have one mother and she will never be perfect so why not forgive?  Today we are focusing on R~E~N~E~W~A~L!!  

As mothers we can easily lose ourselves, the core of who we are trying to balance everything in our lives!  I asked the awesome motivator and founder of Metamorphosis Women's Encounter, Monique to share her thoughts on this subject.  Her organization's goal is to see women transformed so who better to share with us?!



Monique, as mothers and women in general, we tend to put ourselves last.  What is renewal to you and why is this important for mothers to do (often)?

Renewal is the process of making like new, restore to freshness and vigor, or perfection, to begin again, to replenish , and or rejuvenate. Renewal is not only important for mothers to do but for us women as a whole. It is true we own many hats of responsibility and to perform properly in each of these roles it requires us to make multi-decisions along with multi-tasking to get and that accomplished. Managing life alone is a job and requires work…actually a lot of dedication in addition to that work if you want to maintain structure, remain organized, and create a wholesome environment for your family.  We can get so entangled in our hat wardrobe switching them on and off by just going with the busyness of our lives until we just may lose ourselves and dismiss what makes us…us.  When we finally decide to seek self-love we become discouraged because we don’t know where to begin to fulfill our own desires. Renewal is important to simply be in tune with our authentic selves and to live a well-balanced life to enjoy everything we have been blessed with…being single, a wife, mother, daughter, and friend. Renewal allows us to take on the bitter sweetness of life without losing control.


You are a wife, mother, full time employee and founder of Metamorphosis.  How do you make sure you stay renewed?
   
I am a Metamorphosis! What that means to me is continual transformation going from glory to glory on my life's journey. I desire to live a refreshed and renewed life. Yes! I rock many hats throughout my day and it is easy to feel bombarded and overwhelmed when you have so many demands and people depending on you for support. The first thing I do to remain renewed is pray. I take all my concerns, thoughts, and petitions to God, this relieve my soul. I have developed a relationship with the Lord. Not only that...I have learned to trust Him with my life. Trusting alone renews your strength to confidently move forward. I also have learned the importance of a wellness regimen which consist of eating well and exercising daily which boost my energy to thrive in my daily responsibilities, keeps me sexy,and strengthens my self worth because I am caring for me. Lastly, I listen to my inner self and take heed to when its time to relax, decline an invitation when necessary (don' need to attend every function) and make time for me to do things I love that bring me joy. Renewal allows you to be in tune with You which opens your mind to knowing whats best for you.



You desire to see real transformation in women and aim to do this through Metamorphosis, what advice can you offer women to purposely take time to renew themselves? 
 
As a woman who has overcoming the destruction affects of abuse, neglect, homelessness, rape, and hopelessness I can't stress enough how important it is to renew yourself daily. Through the process of renewal I have simply morphed beautifully into the CEO woman of my life managing marriage, motherhood, full-time employment, and starting a business with the trials of life all in between. Renewal began with a desire to want more for my life and family and to end the cycle of destruction that plagued my family. I encourage you to evaluate where you are and envision where you desire to be. Write it down and begin with prayer and carving out time to relax to clear your mind. Research methods to renew your mind, body, and spirit. One way to be renew is joining support groups, subscribe to empowering blogs, and removing drama and distractions from your life. Take courage and erase the picture someone else drew for you and recreate your own. Take a leap of faith and Live renewed, refreshed, rejuvenated with vigor to the fullest. After all we only get one life to live why not live it at your Best!


I don't know about ya'll but I'm renewed just from Monique sharing her thoughts!!  Thank you sis!  For more information about Metamorphosis visit her website and go like her Facebook Page!  


Don't wait, renew yourself starting today!

 Seasoned with Grace,
QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment