Monday, May 19, 2014

My Secret Affair



Singing: I've been cheat'n, I've been cheat'n; I get all flabby when that sugar gets up in me.. (in the tune of Drunk in Love)! As the saying goes 'you are what you eat'!  And right about now I'm full of chips, cakes, wine, and more junk!  This secret love affair with processed, sugary, salty, junk food has to end!  Just a few months ago I was getting rid of my shrinking kangaroo pouch, now I've taken like 10 steps backwards!

On this healthy lifestyle journey I have had no problems with the fitness part of it!  I absolutely love (and I do mean love) to workout!  There are days when I don't feel like working out but I always talk myself into it.  The eating healthy part is almost completely opposite!  While I've gotten much better with my eating habits I still struggle with consistently eating with my goals in mind!  I refuse to continue down this road so I'm going to get myself back on track TODAY!

When we mess up we can stay in the mess or we can clean ourselves up and move forward.  Here's my plan to get back on track with consistently eating healthy most of the time!

Easter is when I noticed my affair.. It only got worse from there! 
(darn chocolate cake & banana pudding)!

Identify the Issue!
I'm an emotional eater!  I know these unhealthy eating habits and cravings are directly tied to the fact that I really miss my mom!  I've been trying to be happy and strong just like she would want me to be.  I've been all smiles acting as if it's all good, not really allowing myself to just feel the pain and grieve.  I started to really mask my pain on her birthday (March 31st).  I didn't notice how out of control my indulgences were getting until shortly after Easter!  I know how easy it is for me to 'eat my emotions' so this is something I have to stay conscience of and continue to work on overcoming.  I plan on journaling more and letting my family know when I'm really missing my mom.  Their listening ear will help much more than a bowl of life cereal (may not sound too bad but I've been eating way too many bowls a day- all the milk is showing in my boobs which I"m loving).

I will defeat this!

Get Rid of Excuses!
I was almost excusing my cheating saying, 'I deserve this' or 'I workout hard' knowing dang well I can't out exercise a bad diet!  I also stopped using myfitnesspal to track my meals using the excuse of I messed up my 100 day streak for the second time.  Then I used the 'I don't have time' to track my meals excuse!  Finally, I was using the excuse of 'I'll get back on track tomorrow'!  I've seen too many 'tomorrows' come and go!  No more excuses for excuses for me.


Track All Meals!
Speaking of myfitnesspal, I am re-commiting to tracking all of my food!  Studies show that people who track what they eat are more likely to be successful in losing weight and keeping it off.  I plan on being in the keeping it off category!

Get Back on Track with a Jumpstart Meal Plan
When I got off track with consistently eating healthy after my mom passed in October I decided to complete the 21 Day Daniel Fast.  It helped me get rid of all of my cravings for junk food and also helped build my faith!  I thought hard about doing it again this time but my goal is different.  When I started the Daniel Fast back in January I was aiming for transformation inside-out.  This time I just want to get rid of this extra belly fat I've added and to get back on track with my goal of leaning out and reducing my fat percentage.  I searched Pinterest and found the below lean out meal plan that I'm going to use starting today through Sunday.  If I get the results I'm looking for, from there I'm going to go back to one of my healthy meal plans.  If I don't get the results I want, I may do the Daniel Fast but just 10 days this time!

I'm replacing cottage cheese with Greek yogurt.. Have any of you tried this?

This is the first time I've ever prepped my meals for the week!  I always have a plan in mind but I've never prepped because I tend to eat based on what I'm in the mood to eat!  Even though I eat the same food for the most part, I view meal prepping as restrictive...  We shall see if I continue to prep my food a week ahead!  Either way, I will continue to have a plan in place!


Pictured: 3 days of meals excluding 3rd lean protein & protein powder

Eat According to Goals
I really want to flatten my tummy!!  I don't necessarily want to have a six-pack but I do want to achieve my goal of a flat belly.  I know this is directly tied to what I eat.  Also, my ultimate goal is to be completely healthy.  I truly believe that certain foods contribute to diseases like breast cancer.  I'm not saying I will never eat a piece of cake because I don't believe in restricting foods 100%.  We all know the quote 'One unhealthy meal won't make you unhealthy just like one healthy meal won't make you healthy'!  All we need to do is plan our meals according to our goals (including our indulgences) and stay focused on that plan!


"Eat to meet long-term goals, not short-term satisfaction!"
"Don't Give up what you want most for what you want now!"

In addition to the steps above I plan to just move on mentally, period!  It's done, the muffin top is there, my boobs are bigger (yay:), I messed up yet again but life goes on!  I'm going to drink a lot of water and stay focused on my goals!

Remember what goes on in the dark comes to light!!  My cheating has definitely come to the light.  I have a picture to prove it and I will be sharing it (when I flatten my belly back lol)!

What do you do to stay on track?  Please share!


Seasoned with Grace,

QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment