Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Women Winning Wednesday



From the time I thought I was grown up until my late 20s I thought my mom was too soft!  I used to think how can you 'let' people do you like that?!  I used to view her kind and meek spirit as a weakness!  I watched my mom forgive wrong doings that I would be like 'hell naw' (in my country voice & I'm so serious)!  I used to watch her treat people kindly who I thought deserved the same mistreatment they were dishing out!  I'm glad I finally saw her real strength!  She rarely ever let anyone's actions or any of her experiences change her beliefs or her behavior.  She knew who she was and what she believed which is true strength!  This wasn't always the case though.



If you read my last blogpost you know my mom was given away at birth and experienced unthinkable hurt and pain.  For years she was angry and bitter at her birth mom.  My mother knew who her natural parents were from the time she was a child.  She was angry that her parents had kids after she was born and kept them.  She used to question, how could they have 11 kids and she was the only one given away?  I remember her telling me of the time she was walking down a street and my grandmother was walking towards her on the same street; my mom quickly crossed to the other side of the street to avoid her.  She did not want anything to do with her.



Thankfully this was not how her story ended!  She forgave, released all of her anger and even reconciled with my grandmother!  It wasn't until I was older that she told me stories- to show me you can overcome anything.  All of that pain helped her fulfill her purpose!  She left a legacy that matched her beliefs and core values and that makes her a winner!


She showed us to stay rooted in grounded in God!

Have you been hurt by your mother?  If so, let it go.  There is no hurt that God can't heal.  At the end of the day, we are not what happened to us, we are the choices we make.  Choose to forgive, choose to move on, choose to reconcile and live the life you were purposed to live.  I'll leave you with a portion of Raise Up lyrics by Ledisi:

When judgment day comes, have you given your best?
Has the world been changed by the love that you left?
Forgive those who trespassed against you
Rise through the pain, let it go
What happened is done, it's time to live again


Rase up & Reconcile!!

Seasoned with Grace,

QueenZadia






No comments:

Post a Comment