Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mother's Day Theme

Sooo.. my thoughts have been consumed by my upcoming anniversaries!!  My fit-anniversary is tomorrow (yay) and my 15th wedding anniversary is Thursday!  I'm equally excited about both of them as you have probably noticed because I've forgot the fact that Mother's Day is this coming Sunday!  That's fine though, because I'm celebrating all month long.

Have you thought of a theme for your Mother's Day gathering(s)?  Anytime I have a get together I love to attach a theme to it.  Here are some themes I've done in the past!

Golden Girls, Golden Life!

Living life like it's golden!

I held a new years celebration in place of my usual Christmas dessert party.  I've mentioned how my whole perspective on life changed when my mom passed and this party I wanted the ladies in my life to set a theme for their new year!  My family's theme this year is The Best is Yet to Come and my personal is Living My Life Like It's Golden (think Jill Scott song)!  I just want to live my best life!!  Anywho.. I provided blank canvasses and all of the ladies made their board based on what they wanted 2014 to look like then we all presented the boards (singing 'knock it out the park' a theme song I made up lol).



Ya'll know Christina!!

Ya'll will get to know these ladies soon!


Me presenting my board!


Fascinator Crafting!


Spring is here which makes a hat crafting theme perfect!  As women we wear many hats so a whole theme surrounding that thought would be simple to put together.  I recently had a lunch with my adopted grandmother, my best friend and her grandmother where we made fascinators.  My adopted grandmother loved it so much that she's picked this up as a hobby!!  She recently went to Puerto Rico for a funeral and brought back feathers, flowers and jewels for us to make more:)  


It's so funny to me that she text at her age!  This was texts she sent while in Puerto Rico about the hats!

  My best-friend making her fascinators

Dessert Party!
An invitation for my dessert party in 2012 

Let the ladies in your life know how they make your life sweeter by hosting a dessert themed party!  I love this type of party and have hosted one twice during the Christmas holiday but this can be hosted any time of year!  You can do so much with this theme as well.

My best friend and co-host for the dessert party

My lil sister to the right who helps me with ALL of my parties, her best friend on the left!

These were some blasts from the pasts but I hope it gives you some ideas!!  So, what is your theme? Here is my theme for this year:

 Inspired by this picture:
Seasoned with Grace,
QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment