Saturday, May 10, 2014

Motherhood - The Gift of Grace


Each time He said, "My grace is all you need. 
My power works best in weakness." (2 Corl 12:9 NLT)

My mother was given away to a couple who could not have kids when she was a baby.  The couple was well off so you would think she would've had a great life!  Her life was far from great.  She was mistreated to the point of only having two pair of panties.  At the age of 12 she was pregnant with her adopted dad's baby!  To know my mom you would never think she came from an environment like this.  The way she loved us and everyone she came in contact with was uncommon.  If I had not heard the stories of her childhood I would have thought she came from a loving family.  How can someone who experienced so much hurt and hatred, lovingly raise children completely different?  I believe it's grace!  

That's the beauty and wonder of grace.  In spite of our past, mistakes, or issues, God's grace is right there waiting on us to receive it!  All of our experiences (good, bad, or indifferent) seasons us with grace!  We can be great moms because of grace.  I was 15 years old when I had my first son.  Yes, 15 years old!  Of course I've made many mistakes and have even apologized to him so many times for all of mistakes parenting him!  I would think to myself, my poor son!  The issue I used to beat myself up over was how I used to yell at him when he was doing homework as if that was going to make him do any better.. "IF YOU DON"T GET THIS RIGHT I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU!"  Yes, I yelled just like that, used phrases like that and would even whoop him if he didn't get it!  But God's grace showed me a better way.  When we know better we do better! 
  

Before we were born God chose us and called us by his marvelous grace (Gal. 1:15).  If you are a mother, it is meant to be!  It doesn't matter if you're married, single, young or seasoned; none of us are 'too' anything for God's grace!  His grace is everything we need!  His amazing grace prevents us from pulling our hair out or having a nervous breakdown!  His supernatural grace carries us through the storms when our kids are 'acting a fool' forgetting how we raised them!  His wonderful grace covers all of the guilt and shame of the mistakes we make as mothers.  His mind-blowing grace helps us love when we want to hate, speak gracefully to our children when want to cuss them out!  It is His grace that will continue to keep us.  All we have to do is be open to receive it!  And when our hearts are open to receive His grace, we can't help but give it!

My graceful mom, sisters and I March 2013!


Motherhood is a blessing and a calling no matter the circumstances of us becoming a mother!  Yes it can feel like a burden at times trying to balance everything and being the best mom we can be.  Just know that when we feel weak, overwhelmed, helpless, insecure, guilty, discouraged, or challenged, His Grace is Sufficient!  In every season and situation, grace is everything we need!  Freely receive it and freely give it.





Seasoned with Grace,
QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment