Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Write the Vision


I am a huge fan of vision and mission statements!  When I was 19 I wrote my life vision as part of a class assignment and believe it or not, I would make very little changes to it if I re-wrote it today.  If we're not careful we can find ourselves drifting through life because of the many hats we wear as women.  We are often pulled in many directions so sometimes it is easy to just roll up our sleeves and get things done.  Doing this, we often sacrifice or forget what is important for us in life.

A vision statement, vision board or vision journal can assist us to live more intentionally and to remember our purpose.  It's not meant to be rigid or used as the Bible but it is like a guide.  A vision board has images so for all of us visual ladies, it is helpful to see the pictures of our desires.  A vision journal can do the same!

Below is the very first vision board I completed with my friend's organization, Metamorphosis Women's Encounter Inc.  It was for 2011 and boy did I need this!  At the time I was debating on giving up on my marriage and my confidence was at an all time low (notice how large I put the word confidence on my board).  Completing this vision board helped me to imagine the life I wanted because honestly I was just drifting through life during this time.  I wish I could say that 2011 turned out to be the best year ever but if I did I'd be lying!!  Sometimes I want to cover the 2011 up because it really has been more of a three to five year plan.  It is helpful when I walk by this (when I'm in a 'present' state of mind).  Sometimes I get happy by some of the things I've accomplished on here and other times it reminds me of what I need to purposely focus on




Now pretend that you are experiencing the best dream of your life (zzzZZZ)!  You are living your dream life; you are your best self - healthy, whole, confident and living on purpose (I could probably add balling, shot calling; just plain old fabulous:)!  Now wake up... what did your best life look like?  Write that down then take it a step further and make an action plan.  'Start where you are, Use what you have, and Do what you can' to live that life of your dreams!

Here is my vision board for 2014 and the cover of my vision journal that will be used until I cover all of the pages!  With all of my issues and as flawed as I am, it is not stopping me from envisioning me being my best self and living my best life!!  




It may not happen how we plan it but I believe the life we want to live will happen if we stay true to ourselves and our purpose.  So, let's get it ladies... here's to living our BEST lives, on purpose!






Seasoned with Grace,
QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment