Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Healthier We™

I have been so fired up about sharing what I've learned during my weight-loss journey with others.  This excitement sparked me to post a 90 day challenge on my FB page on March 23rd.  It was exactly 90 days until the first day of summer so in my mind it was perfect!  With no further planning or forethought I posted the Body Movement Workout (a High Intensity Interval Training program).  It wasn't until I went to complete a video of the workouts to share with the ladies who signed up that I said 'self'; self said 'huh'; self responded 'what were you thinking?'! *sighs*  

I felt overwhelmed and defeated because I thought I jumped the gun and set an unrealistic expectation for the ladies who agreed to participate in the challenge.  I knew I needed help because truly two is better than one!  I immediately thought about my friend and fit-sister Christina so I reached out to her.  It was so funny because she said 'Girl I saw that post, I thought you were tying to kill people' lol!  I am known to be the fitness sergeant but I definitely was not trying to go there!

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. - Ecl. 4:9 (NLT)

Christina and I make a great team!  She is the outgoing, say what she thinks, just do it type of lady and I am more of the reserved, think before I speak, plan and plan some more before I do it type of lady!  What makes us connect is that we both care deeply for people (she may disagree at first) and we're always looking to help others!  Before our office closed, she and I managed projects together and worked side by side for quite some time!  Over the last 10+ years we've both lost and gained weight together and now we are successfully maintaining a healthy lifestyle!!  We have a combined weight-loss of almost 200lbs (you will read more about her amazing journey on one of my Women Winning Wednesday post)!  While we are both passionate about total health, Christina excels in the food area and I excel in the fitness area.  As Christina and I discussed our journey and how we can combine our strengths to help others, A Healthier We was birthed!  

Us pictured with our former boss! 2011 vs 2013!


Introducing A Healthier We! 


"Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit" - 3 John 1:2 (NLT)

That is our desire!  We want to see people live a healthy lifestyle!  We envision individuals who are of any background, age group, income level, and fitness level across the nation living a healthy lifestyle!  


We did and we know YOU can too!


We plan to inspire others to live a healthy lifestyle not only by sharing our story and the story of others but to also provide practical tools and tips for people desiring to become healthy.  Stay tuned to our fight against obesity and for now, go like our page:  https://www.facebook.com/HealthierWe



Seasoned with Grace,
QueenZadia

2 comments: