Monday, April 28, 2014

Body Revolution vs P90X



Those who know me or follows me on Instragram knows that I am a HUGE Jillian Michaels fan!  I mean, she is my personal trainer (okay, only in my mind)!!  I completed her 30 Day Shred DVD, Ripped in 30 DVD and of course her Body Revlution DVD.  After the third time of completing Body Revolution I thought it was time for a change.  I wanted a new challenge and I knew I had two choices; Insanity or P90X!  My knees already bothers me from running so I chose P90X!  I started the P90X program the end of January and completed it two weeks ago.  I've waited this long to post this comparison because I've tried to be as unbiased as possible!!  So here it is.. Body Revolution versus P90X:



Body Revolution
P90X
Cost of DVD (on Amazon as of today)
$89.98
$139.80
What’s Included
15 DVDs
90 Day Journal
30 Day online membership
7-Day kick start diet
Meal Plan
Fitness Guide
12 DVDs
Three phase nutrition plan
Fitness guide pack
Length of Program
90 Days
90 Days
Days to Exercise
Six days a week
Six days a week
Length of Each Exercise
30-35 minutes total
58 minutes – 90 minutes
Difficulty of Program
Intermediate – people new to exercise could probably complete program
Advanced – not for people just starting to workout
What I loved
Length of each exercise- the time flew by!

The big group format

Jillian’s motivational nuggets

How lean and toned I got each week.

Cardio and ab work was apart of the strength training

The strength I gained

KenpoX (although it got boring to me and I replaced it with Cardio 3 from BR)

Pull-ups!  You’ll also see this under the hate column!  Now I can do 3 whole pullups without a chair!!
What I hated
Rock and roll move- it’s the only move I still can’t do to this day L

Let me think harder about it..
Length of each exercise

The amount of time spent on stretching before each exercise

Yoga- To be fare, I only tried it twice.. never made it through 20 minutes!

Pullups- I actually had a love/hate!
Outcome
Leaner/toned
Bulky/stronger

I think it is clear that Body Revolution is the best program!  It is more economical and who doesn't have 35 minutes max a day to workout?! (I don't care how busy you are- don't put your hand up.. you do have time!)  

For me, BR was the best program for my goals.  I loved how lean and toned I was getting during this program.  I think it is because Jillian always include cardio even on the strength training days.  Basically her workouts are HIIT (high intensity interval training).

Progress pic during Body Revolution

I'm definitely going to keep P90X as part of my workout routines (I mean I did spend my money on it:).  I've just started back Body Revolution but I'm going to include the Leg and Back P90X DVD every Friday.  My quads have developed and I can now do a few pull ups as a result of P90X leg & back day!

Go ahead and laugh with me:))


What about you?  Have you completed both programs?  If so, which one is your favorite?  Also, what DVD should I try next?

Seasoned with Grace,

QueenZadia

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your opinion. I've thought about oxy however I have a few of Killian dvds.. I love her. Thank you again for sharing your journey. I am really encouraged by your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I've seen the term Killian, love it!! You're very welcome and thank you for the feedback! I'll have to google oxy.

      Delete