Friday, April 11, 2014

Are you a Finisher?


Finish Strong!  I finish what I start!  Those are two statements that I repeat to myself often.  I tend to be a perfectionist and if something isn't 'just right' to me or I'm not 'great' at it I would stop or wait until it was perfect.  In most cases 'perfect' never arrived so I would be left with a lot of unfinished projects, incomplete ideas or visions, and just feeling defeated!  Tired of feeling defeated and wondering 'what if' I would have finished, I've decided to start seeing things through.  It is definitely a struggle for me because I still battle with everything having to be 'just right'!  I'm training my mind to see 'just right' to mean it is finished.  

My weight-loss journey truly helped me learn that finished is better than perfect.  I knew I was completely off and probably looked plain silly doing some of the moves from my workout DVDs but I kept going.  And guess what?  I got better!  The same with running.  When I started the couch to 5k in June of last year, I felt awkward and wondered if I would even keep running as part of my cardio.  Fast forward to Feb of this year, I completed my first half-marathon within my goal time and it was all because I finished the couch to 5k program and kept running!



Do you have a lot of unfinished projects?  Do you find yourself starting an exercise routine or healthy eating planning and stopping?  Do you give up often?  If so, it's okay.  If you're still breathing, you have time to 'make your beginning better than your end' as my personal trainer Jillian says.  Don't let your mistakes, past, or anything for that matter keep you from finishing strong!  Declare today that you will not only finish what you start but you will also finish strong!  

Seasoned with Grace,
QueenZadia


No comments:

Post a Comment