Saturday, October 18, 2014

Screw Perfect!


"Choose purpose over perfect." - Lara Casey


Please excuse my language but, SCREW PERFECT!!  I really want to use the 'f' bomber instead of screw but I'm afraid my mom will come back alive and give me a whooping :)!  But seriously, out with perfect!

I tried to shorten the issue that prompted this without success so I won't go into it.  Just know it had something to do with me not setting my alarm clock.  I allowed something as simple as that to almost ruin my whole day!!  I literally spent a few hours upset over it.  Enough is enough!  I've battled with this perfection spirit too long.

On this SpeakLife Saturday I want to encourage all of you (as I encourage myself) to choose purpose over perfect!  For example if you've start a healthy lifestyle journey because you want to live healthy always remember why you started.  If you remember your purpose of starting, when you have an imperfect meal, imperfect workout or just an imperfect day in general you will not allow those imperfections stop your purpose of living healthy!


There is NEVER a Perfect Time or Condition


Think about it..We would not need God if everything was perfect.  There will always be an area in our lives that we need to work on as long as we are living.  We don't have to wait until everything is in order for God to use us.  He wants to use us right now (flaws, inexperienced, afraid & all) .  Stop wasting time!  Start running, go after your dream, open your business, _________, & just walk in purpose!  When we rely on perfect timing or perfect conditions we're actually relying on ourselves.  Completely trust God with your destiny, dreams, and desires.  Don't sit around waiting, go ahead and start.  Every amateur became an expert or a pro simply because they started!


You Will Always Make Mistakes

Expect bad days and expect failures but keep it moving.  Let's not wallow in our shortcomings or issues because they do not define us.  If we allow it, all those things work together for our good.  All we need to do is forgive ourselves and learn from our mistakes.  I'm not just talking about 'big' mistakes.  It could be as simple as trying that recipe again even if you burned it the last time or starting that exercise regimen again even if you quit before.  Don't let one (or many) wrong decision or failure stop you.  Dust yourself off and start all over.  This time you will be much more prepared!



Strive for Excellence

It's 'perfectly' ok to strive to do & be your best.  It should be all of our goal to be the best version of ourselves & doing the best that we can.  But let's remember 'best' does not mean perfect and your best may look different from my best (& vice versa).  While we're striving for excellence let's aim for progress, not perfection!  Every breath we take is another opportunity to become better and to do better.  The key word is better.  As long as we see growth and steady progress to the high prize, we should be grateful.  

So in my Tony Horton voice 'DO YOUR BEST & forget the rest'!! God's grace is sufficient anyway and His power works best in our weakness (2 Cor. 12:9)! 


Say it with me!








#SpeakLifeSaturday
#UnplugToPlugIN




Seasoned with Grace,

QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment