Monday, June 30, 2014

The Real Secret to Weight-loss!

How I Really Lost Weight...


I'm asked all of the time about how I lost my weight. People are like, 'what's the secret' or 'is exercise more important or is eating healthy more important'.  Sometimes I'm asked 'How did you really lose your weight'?  Most of the time I immediately respond with what I did as far as exercising and changing my eating habits.

But the real secret to my weight-loss is that I made up in my mind that I was fed up with my current state and I was going to do whatever it takes to lose weight.  Think on R. Kelly's lyrics 'when a woman's fed up, there is nothing you can do about it..'!  This is true for anything in our lives.  I was fed up with being tired all of the time, not fitting into my size 14s, and just not feeling great about myself.  I made up my mind that I was going to do something about it and nothing or no one (including myself) was going to stop me!


A changed & made up mind is really the only secret.  I've tried herbal life and it didn't work however, it has worked for a lot of people.  I've tried HCG and it didn't work, however, that has also worked for a lot of people.  I can go on and on but the point is it didn't work because I did not have a made up mind!  I was not fed up.  I was looking for a temporary quick fix.

When we change our minds, we change our lives.  Now of course you have to do something however, the start to doing something is a result of changing your mind.  As the quote says 'Your fitness is 100% mental; your body won't go where your mind doesn't push it'!


Once you train your mind (& continue to train it daily) start right away!  Get active, drink more water, eat healthier foods and log what you eat.  Make sure you begin with the end in mind.  Is your goal to lose weight?  Is it to live a healthier lifestyle?  Is it to have more energy?  Is it to fit into a particular size?  Whatever it is write that goal(s) down and get to moving!

With weight-loss don't just rely on the scale.  Pay attention to how your clothes fit.  In the picture below I bought that particular dress knowing I could not wear it at the time but when I saw it I thought to myself 'that's the type of dressed I'd like to be able to wear' so I got it!  When I met my first goal of weighing less than 200lbs I tried it on (that's the first pic).  At that point I said I wanted to be able to wear it by my birthday.  I was able to wear it a week before my birthday (the second pic) and now it's very loose (third pic)!  Also pay attention to how you feel.  If you notice that you're not as winded when you walk up stairs or walk to your car, you are making progress!!


I really wish I could give you a top secret way that required little to no effort to lose the weight!  You simply have to make up your mind.  I say simply because it really is as simple as that however we tend to complicate it.  Anything we want to do, achieve, or succeed at requires us to make up our mind that we can and no matter what, we will do what it takes to do it!  

Now make up your mind.

Seasoned with Grace,

QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment