Monday, August 11, 2014

Can God Trust You With a Little Trouble

During a sermon a few weeks or so ago my Bishop asked, 'can God trust you with a little trouble?' & I immediately thought about everything I'd been going through and wondered had I been trustworthy of these troubles. Have my responses to the trouble in my life given Him glory?

How do you know if you're handling the rough season well? My mom was a perfect example. I often think about her when I want to complain about the issues in y life. Throughout her battle with metastatic breast cancer she NEVER complained. I'll never forget when she told me 'I was trying to have a pity party, I had to fight that devil off' & this was after the doctor told her that the cancer spread to her brain!! 
My mom praying and holding the Word!

Here are tips I've gleaned from my mom's life:


Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5‬:‭18‬ NLT)

Give thanks!  I used to watch my mom handle her pain by singing songs of praise! What a response!!  If she was able to respond to that physical excruciating pain with praise, how can I be a wimp about temporary troubles?!  We know all things work together for our good (even though it may not feel good at the time) so why not be thankful?! Complaining doesn't help the situation and it definitely doesn't help you. Remember, 'this too shall pass' and just be grateful.





Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. (‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭33‬ NLT)

Seek Him First!  There was a time I'd roll my eyes because my mom literally would have us pray about everything!! Now I'm grateful for this. It's easy to turn to loved ones or try to figure things out on our own but our first response should always be to seek God first through prayer and His Word. Thank Him then ask Him to order your steps.

In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. (‭Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭16‬ NLT)

Keep shining! Every time my mom shared a room with someone in the hospital or at Heartland she kept her neighbor in mind.  If someone came to pray for her she'd ask them to pray for her neighbor.  Now here she is in need but she always put others before her.  When trouble comes it can be difficult to stay positive, to keep giving, to keep doing & to keep shining in general. Don't ever stop being your best self and walking in purpose.  Put your best foot forward, give more, do more, & shine brighter. 


Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭5‬ NLT)

Trust Him! If you're thanking Him, seeking Him, & shining for Him it will make it easier to trust Him!! Trust the fact that God is perfecting you. Trust that you will come out better just like you've come out better before. Trust His timing.  Trust His will and His Word!  The more we trust God, the more He can trust us with trouble!

Whatever your trouble might be  Lets grow through.






Seasoned with Grace,

QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment