Monday, November 10, 2014

Transformation Challenge Results



My results are innnnn! Ok they've been in almost a week now but I want to share them at this moment since I'm truly satisfied & happy with my results. Drumroll please....  In four weeks I lost 6lbs (which is a lot for me) & some inches.. Not sure how many inches because I didn't measure myself but I've included before and after pictures below so that you can see for yourself! Some of you might have to stare at the pics a while before you see the difference (like a few people in my family) lol but all that matters is I see & feel the difference!! 

I had the pink dress pictured below in my closet since my birthday (back in July) hung up pretty because I could not fit it!  That dress became my goal dress for the end of the challenge!  Every Saturday I would try it on to see if it fit appropriately enough for me to wear to church lol!  I didn't think I was going to achieve the goal because it was sill really fitted the Saturday before the end of the challenge!  I was so happy that I was able to wear it to church the Sunday after the challenge ended!!  It was still a little tight but I just rocked it with a blazer:)!

My goal dress!

So let me give you a background on this transformation challenge.  This was a four week challenge with my gym, Trinity Fitness where we strictly ate whole foods (lean meat, veggies, fruit, nuts & seeds; no sugar, grains, dairy, legumes, or alcohol).  It was similar to the whole30 challenge however we had a little grace for a slip-up(s)s where we only lost a point(s) for the day.  We were put on teams of four (go #WhollyChics:) and given a trainer to help us with this challenge.

At the beginning of the challenge we journaled our 'why', the reason we decided to participate in the challenge.  I've shared with you all my challenge with consistently eating healthy.  So that was my main why!  I needed a push because my fitness journey had been going in the opposite direction of my vision!  The scale was showing more pounds and my clothes (specifically my blazers and long sleeve shirts) were getting tight.  I knew this 'bulking' up was due to my inconsistent eating and because I wasn't running as often as I used to run.  During the challenge we received extra points for extra workouts so I used that as motivation to start running again!

First day of the challenge Oct 4th!

We started and ended the challenge with the above baseline test.  The first day I completed the psycho battle in 24mins (full disclosure: I started off doing the regular workout instead of the psycho plan but when I finished I was told to do the psyco:)!  For the retest I completed the psycho battle in 19 minutes & 11 seconds (my goal was 20 minutes)!  So I shaved 5 minutes off of my baseline test time!  I also lost 6lbs which is a lot for me!!

Of all of my results, I am the most happiest with my stomach and my arms!!  My arms were getting so big that i could not fit most of my blazers.  My arms have been the butt of many of my sons jokes as well!!  Thankfully they are slimming down along with my belly!!  I now have renewed hope and confidence that I can achieve a flat belly lol!!  Eating healthy has a huge impact on that which is why I'm continuing to eat whole foods most of the time.


My arms are leaner now:)



The challenge ended but my commitment to this has not!  It was indeed a transformation challenge because it has transformed my thoughts about food!  I thought I was doing pretty well before this challenge but I have learned so much more.  It's funny that I was really upset about not having my oatmeal (something I used to eat almost every morning) & now I don't even crave it!  I thought I would 'have to have it' by the end of the challenge but I don't!  There is so much we can live without if we just give it a try.  Our bodies need the right fuel and that's the fuel that God created, not this man made processed crap we're addicted to.

You want to be healthy?  Well you have to live healthy & that includes eating healthy.  You can DO it!  #letsgetit

Seasoned with Grace,
QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment