Wednesday, November 5, 2014

For the LOVE of BURPEES



How many of you love Burpees??! Please note that my hand did not go up for that question!  You might be wondering why I called this blogpost 'for the love of burps' since I don't love them...  It's because I don't necessarily love doing them but I love the burn burpees give!  I'd describe my relationship with burpees as a love-hate relationship! I love how winded I get and how my heart rate goes up after just a few reps but these are the same reason I hate them!! You can guarantee to get a huge burn from doing this move.  I burned 111 calories in less than 15 minutes when I completed the burpees at the park in the video below!!  So why not love them?

We can thank Royal H. Burpee for coming up with this full body exercise that we look forward to completing every chance we get!  According to Huffington Post this exercise was created for a fitness test and is not intended to be done more than four times!!  Try telling your trainer that:)

Basic Burpee:

For some strange reason I prefer burpees when it's combined with another move.  It's something about doing the regular burpee back to back that drains me not only physically but also mentally!  In the video below I included my favorite exercises to combine with a burpee.  They include: Ball Slam Burpee, Long Jump Burpee, Jump Lunge Burpee, a 'Cool' Burpee (don't the name of it but I saw @twobadbodies do it on instagram)Box Jump Burpee, Obligue Burpee, Pullup Burpee & Weighted Burpee!  My favorite is the burpee pull-up which is crazy because when I first saw this on the board at my gym I was thinking that is just cruel to combine those two moves lol!!

Watch the video and try some of these out.  In fact, go ahead and make it (or some of them) a circuit workout!




Where are my #burpeeLOVINGbuddies?!  Share this with your burpee loving friends:)  It is #WorkoutWednesday and this is the best exercise!  It is also NOvember which means NO Procrastination (go ahead and do some now), NO Complaining (when you do them, do them with a smile:), NO Doubting (yes YOU can do these), NO Excuses (you have time and you just need to start where you are and do what you can) and NO Limits (push yourself, challenge yourself) so #letsgetit!

Seasoned with Grace,
QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment