Monday, September 8, 2014

Are You Ready to Lose Your Excuses?!


Okay, I don't literally make that face (I hope) but in my mind that's my expression.  Am I judging or criticizing the person making the excuses?  I don't think so.  I just remember when I was in her shoes making some of the same excuses.  But when I was ready to make a change nothing and I mean absolutely nothing *including my excuses* could stop me.  What I really want to do when I hear excuses is interrupt and say 'let me know when you're really ready to live a healthy lifestyle' but I don't.  I listen then give tips.

Today I'm going to share some Purposeful tips for the most used reason people give for not living a healthy lifestyle ~ TIME!


The lack of time is the most common reason I hear from people about not being able to exercise and/or eat healthy consistently.  Let me just start by saying when my office closed back in December I thought about all the stuff I could accomplish with ease while I take time off.  One of those things was the common task of laundry.  Let me tell ya'll...  I give laundry almost the exact time I used to give it when I was working!!  You know why?  I have not made it a priority.  This is what most people do with making healthier choices.  They do it when it's convenient or when they can 'get' to it or when it becomes absolutely necessary.  That's why the need to prioritize is my first tip!


  • Prioritize: The truth is we make time for what we want to do.  If you really want to live a healthy lifestyle you will make time for it, you will make it a priority.  If you  have time for a t.v. show you have time to workout.  Review your schedule to figure out what time/days works best then plan accordingly.



  • Plan: Living a healthy lifestyle won't just happen.  Plan your workouts as well as your meals.  If you know you only have a 30 minute or an hour gap for a workout, plan to utilize and maximize that time.  Once you start this, it becomes a habit.  


  • Partner: Now if you do not have a workout partner don't use this as a reason to not workout!  Even if you can't workout with someone, get an accountability partner.  Share your goals with a family member or friend who will help hold you accountable (i.e. won't agree with your excuses, will push & motivate you and will be direct with you).  Remember iron sharpens iron!

  • Perseverance: You will not lose weight overnight.  In fact, it might take a while to see results so perseverance is necessary.  Don't allow anything or anyone stop you.  Keep going no matter what.  One day you will catch a glimpse of your new self and smile at your progress!  It might be that you notice you're able to take flights of stairs without being winded or that your clothes are too big!  The only way you will see results is to persevere and keep going. 

My son and I saw results once we got passed our excuses!


So what's your excuse for not making healthier choices?  I challenge you to write it down then write your solutions to get passed your excuse.


Now is the time!


Seasoned with Grace,

QueenZadia



2 comments:

  1. Love it ...I've been full of excuses lately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trina! We all battle excuses in some area of our lives but by God's grace we can overcome them!!

      Delete