Monday, March 30, 2015

Just Take a Step

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Pic on the left December 18th, 2014 - my son's first day at Trinity Fitness!

Happy Monday ya'll!!  Look at my baby:))  Okay let me stop, I don't want to embarrass him lol!  My 'baby' is actually an official adult who is a full time college student (in his junior year) & part time employee (whom I am so proud of:)!

As you know I'm participating in a team challenge with my gym, Trinity Fitness Riverside (Trinity Fitness is a non-profit organization made possible through charitable giving) to raise money and to compete in an obstacle course on May 2nd.  My gym's mission is to help people get in the best spiritual and physical shape of their lives with no financial obligation and that is exactly what the gym is accomplishing!  Trinity Fitness has helped my son grow spiritual and physical muscles!  Watching my son grow these past few months has been such a blessing.    It all started with him taking one step.




It literally took me months to convince my son to try a battle plan (aka workout) at TFR!!  For the longest, he refused to come because he was so intimidated by the exercises that were included in the battle plan.  The reality that he was not athletic and the fact that he never participated in sports in school made him think he wasn't capable of completing TFR battle plans.  It was crazy to me that he was afraid of trying because he had already lost about 50lbs by changing his eating habits so why not try this?  But to him this looked like a huge mountain he couldn't get over and he was nervous of trying then potentially failing!  I kept encouraging him to just take a step and try one class!  He finally took that step on December 18th, 2014. That one step led to another step and to another step... and those steps changed his life!


Prior to coming to TFR my son could not do one push-up let alone lift weights!  He went from only doing push-ups on a box to being able to do some from the floor and each time he works out he increase the amount of weight he uses!  In the beginning his form was so horrible on squats (thank you Anthony, Greg, & Scott M for helping him improve his form:) but now it's great!  Also prior to coming to TFR he was questioning his faith!  The seeds that have been sown in him during the devotions at TFR has grown and he is trusting God again.  His confidence has skyrocketed not only in himself but in God!  The gains he has made would not have happened if he did not take that step.  

The left pic shows him at his heaviest weight.

During his weight loss journey last year.


One step took Trinity Fitness from one location (in a garage) to six locations!  That step has changed lives, including my son's life!  One step from my son increased his spiritual and physical muscles.  What step do you need to take in your life?  I encourage you to take it today!  If you don't take that step you will end up in a rut, be complacent, and/or stuck in a comfort zone.  There is no growth in those places.  What's stopping you?  Just take a step and watch how you grow!

I want to be a blessing to Trinity Fitness just like it has been a blessing to me and my family.  Will you help me be a blessing and donate here?  Your donation will help Trinity Fitness grow and continue to impact lives!  Thank you for taking a step support.

#MotivationMonday

Seasoned with Grace,

QueenZadia



4 comments:

  1. What an inspirational story! No wonder you are so proud of your baby. He has come a long way. May the Lord continue to guide him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zaria, my first time visiting your blog. I love it! I would love to work out with you, however, I work way in Fernandina and usually don't get back into Jacksonville until 7! SMH...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tracey, thank you so much!! What time do you have to leave for work? I ask because we have a 5:30am class if that's too early try to come one Saturday if you're off! You will LOVE it!!

      Delete