Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Fitness Essentials

Most of the tools I still use!

There are SO many fitness products out there that can potentially help us on our fitness journey!  Quite a few products and tools do actually support our journey and of course there are others that are gimmicks.  While I don't consider myself a product junky I have tried quite a few fitness tools!  I don't workout at as much at home like I used to do, so some of my tools are just collecting dust:)

Before I go into what I use and what I've sat on the bench let me just remind you that there is no one size fits all when it comes to fitness!!  For example, some say track all of your food, some say weigh all of your food, while others say don't eat carbs!  Some people only do cardio, others do a combination, etc..  It's important that you do what works for you!

What I'm Not Using

X'd out items

If I would've written this post just a year ago my top fitness tools would've been my polar FT4 watch and myfitnesspal!  Today, I don't use either of those tools.  It's not that tracking calories doesn't work- it definitely works and it helped me lose a lot of weight however, it's just not my focus right now!  My polar watch became a hindrance further along during my journey!  If I didn't have it on during a workout I felt like the workout was a waste of time!!  I mean how silly is that?!  I had already stopped using myfitnesspal so it made since to take a break from my beloved watch lol!  I won't say I'll never use these tools again but right now I don't really care about calories, I care about the chemicals I'm putting into my body!

Another fitness tool I've used that I no longer use is the popular waste trainer!  To be honest I've only used it a handful of times because I always forgot to put it on before my workout!  Which means I can't say whether it was effective or not.  The same goes for those arm wraps pictured!  But when I put them on just to take this photo my arms were sweating so I might start using those (if I can remember lol)!  I have a whole set of resistance bands that I no longer use.. These were required when I was doing Body Revolution but now they're collecting dust!!  Just like the band I'm wearing around my feet in the picture!  I think I used that twice which is about the same amount of times that I've used that ab roller!!

What I'm Using

Fitness essentials for my pull-up & tricep goals!

Even though I'm all about that gym life instead of that home-workout life lol I still workout at home to help me towards my fitness goals!  The very top picture shows most of the tools I use (I forgot to include my medicine ball, bar, & my DVDs).  The tools I use the most at home is my jump rope, pull-up bar, Lebert bars (that I got for Christmas:), & my running shoes!  Out of those items I just mentioned the only true fitness essential in my opinion is running shoes!  If you have have a desire and are willing to do what it takes to live a fit and healthy lifestyle all you need is a good pair of shoes!  You can use your body weight to increase muscles (& we'll talk more about that soon)!

My sore life fitness essentials!

Whether you workout at home or at the gym, if you're going hard you are going to get sore!!  Most of the time I just suck it up and deal with the soreness but there are times I need help so I keep the items pictured above for those times!  I do the best that I can to prevent or minimize soreness by getting rest, stretching and using items like my wrist wraps during exercises that use my problem areas (i.e. my right wrist).

Yes these are fitness essentials for me lol!

Another fitness essential (& I mean essential) for me are my graphic shirts!!  I HAVE to wear a graphic shirt whenever I workout.. Okay I'm exaggerating a little but I wear a graphic shirt 99% of the time.  And what's crazier is that although I have enough graphic workout shirts to wear once a month I tend to wear the same few (based on my mood) lol!  I keep inspiration all around me anyway so I think that's why I love wearing a graphic shirt.  I'm not telling you it is necessary but it is an essential for me:)



Here's the reality on fitness essentials: You can purchase every gadget, top of the line equipment, or the best running shoes but the truth is none of these things will help you on your fitness journey unless you do the work.  What are your fitness essentials?

#WorkoutWednesday

Seasoned with Grace,
QueenZadia

No comments:

Post a Comment